Principal level software engineer with strong focus on quick delivery of high quality software using modern engineering practices. Strong leader with experience leading both technical and product focused collaborators. Deep experience in DevOps and developer enablement tools. Wide ranging experience in many areas of software development including full stack web development, mobile development, and embedded software development. Confident public speaker delivering talks at local usergroups and conferences. Easy going personality with strong people skills. Avid, constant learner with a passion for sharing learning with colleagues.
multiple programming paradigms and languages.
React, Gitlab CI, Functional programming, Azure, Phoenix, Terraform, AWS, various test frameworks, Ansible,
Jenkins, Spring, Vim, Git, Linux/OSX command line tools
Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Delivery, DevOps, Pair Programming, Agile Software
Augustwenty, Columbus OH
Software Engineering Consultant
- Ohio Legislative Information Systems - Designed, prototyped, and implemented a real time rich
text editor for state employees to edit state agency rules, utilizing Typescript, React, Electron, and Java.
Implemented inter-process communication to achieve necessary functionality. Directed sessions for user feedback
and requirements gathering.
- Path Robotics - Led client robot cell Software Bring Up
team. Facilitated and coordinated efforts between client software,
ops, controls, and hardware teams to help build, calibrate, and
deploy robotic welding solutions. Tracked down and fixed bugs in
bring up procedures, wrote documentation, and trained ops engineers
to take over tasks from software teams. Onboarded client software
- OliveAI - Developed and supported Desktop app and SDK, using
Golang, Typescript, Electron, React. Consulted on MacOS application
- Here Technologies - Migrated client
team’s C++ build process from Jenkins CI / Gerrit to Gitlab CI
- Internal - Designed, tested, and programmed Elixir/Phoenix
web application utilizing external APIs
- Internal - Designed and implemented CI and DevOps processes
for Elixir/Phoenix project and other internal efforts
Accenture Product X.0,
Columbus OH (acquisition of Pillar Technology)
- Provided technical expertise and wrote software for various
business development projects, with a general focus on projects with
a major hardware component.
- Utilized hardware-in-the-loop testing techniques to deliver high
quality embedded software in various industries including
automotive, manufacturing, and cloud technologies
Pillar Technology, Columbus OH
- Selected for team via internal application process. Conducted
research on various technologies as part of an internal initiative
to get ahead of the kinds of tech clients get excited about.
Prototyped and test drove exploratory code in widely varied tech
stacks. Evaluated functionality and potential value of new tools.
Projects included an indoor geolocation system, an automotive cloud
integration, and a virtual reality programming environment.
Scientific Research Client: Infrastructure as a
- Designed and implemented automated deployments for on-site cloud
- Managed private cloud infrastructure with OpenStack.
Finance/Banking Client: Credit Card
Loyalty and Management App
- Implemented “white label” mobile app with plugin architecture on
both iOS and Android for easy integration into pre existing customer
- Managed containerized team infrastructure as lead DevOps engineer,
including CI server (Jenkins), version control server (Bitbucket),
dependency/artifact hosting (Nexus), internal app deployment
Agricultural Client: Mobile Build Pipeline
- Designed and implemented CI infrastructure for iOS development
Agricultural Client: Embedded Control Software
- Developed embedded application with C++ and Qt for internal
computer systems in industrial farming vehicles.
Ohio University, Athens OH
Associate's Degree in Science
Completed coursework in Computer Science, Software Engineering
This resume is also available in PDF format.